Big weddings are back now after a tricky few years, but micro weddings and elopements can be incredibly special, too. Here are just a few reasons why you might actually prefer them!
- Planning – it goes without saying that it’s much easier to plan for a smaller guest list. Everything is scaled down, including your stress levels!
- Cost – see above! Fewer guests means fewer three course meals (and a little less alcohol, ha ha). The current cost of living crisis is definitely making some couples re-evaluate their priorities, but they don’t want to postpone getting married so a smaller, more manageable wedding can be the answer.
- Venues – There are so many stunning small venues across the UK. From stylish boutique hotels and cozy rooms above pubs, to elegant modern restaurants overlooking the Thames. Have a look through these options here for inspiration.
- Time – With a small guest list, you really get to talk to everyone invited and, most importantly, you’ll have more time to relax and take the day in. (Those family group shots will be over in the blink of an eye!). During the pandemic, I photographed quite a few small weddings (15 – 30 guests), and the couples often said to me aftwerwards that, actually, it was lovely being able to relax and speak to everyone on the day without rushing about.
- Flexibility – There really aren’t any hard and fast rules with intimate weddings, or elopements. You can have the ceremony at a town hall, then go for a classic British high tea, or for a full dinner. If you don’t want to cut a cake, don’t do it. No one will mind. You can plan the day in a way that reflects both of your tastes.
So, if you’ve decided a small wedding is the way you want to go, I’d love to chat.
Contact me for more details – here.